Even The Referees
Yes, even the referees at times like to take a step in front of the camera, these referee’s were photographed during the CVC(Central Valley Christian) vs. Selma Bears game a couple weeks ago. Thanks guys!
Visalia Cavaliers vs. The Titans
The evening ended in a tie decided by a form of sudden death overtime, GREAT GAME guys, photographs of the Cavaliers can be found at the following address.
Photograph of the game goes to #9 for the Seniors, please contact me via email to recieve a coupon for credit equal to an 8×10.
CVC Volleyball vs. Centennial
Great game girls, photographs of the CVC Lady Cavalier Volleyball team against Centennial can be found at the following link.
Cheer vs. Fowler
CVC Cavalier Cheerleaders leading the crowd can be found at the following link, great job everyone!
Congratulations to all participants at the CVC Homecoming halftime event. Photographs of the parents with their student can be viewed at the following address. Hannah and Bailey, congratulations on being elected home coming king and queen.
Cavaliers vs. Fowler
Congratulations to the CVC Cavaliers on a well played game against the Fowler Redcats, photographs of the game can be found at the following address.
Photographs of the Visalia Cavalier Pop-Warner team have been posted to the following link. Congratulations to all teams on their win against the Fowler Redcats. For those that watch facebook please feel free to browse my page also.
CVC Cavalier Football vs. Woodlake
Photographs of the CVC Cavalier Football game vs. Woodlake have been posted to the following link. Also congratulations to #3 for winning the awesome photograph of the week, please contact me through my email address and I’ll issue a coupon for a free 8×10 print.
Photos for OS X (I wish you were Aperture 4.x)
10.10.3, oh how I will miss the Aperture application, Photos for OS X at this point isn’t going to be a good replacement for what Aperture used to do for me. Aperture was innovative and first on the scene with photo organization for professional photographers like myself, I’ve owned it and used it religiously since version 1, which each release the solid features were made better and better.
My heart dropped and hoped all at the same time last summer when I saw “Photos for OS X” demonstrated, I had hopes that it would allow me to use some more powerful features that are now available in Aperture and sync with my iPad, I couldn’t wait for that, hoping that it would be possible to edit photos while on the go.
Having only worked with “Photos for OS X” a short time, like the rest of the world really, some of the short comings are almost immediately obvious.
1. It’s hard to browse the photos and edit them at the same time. Aperture had a HUD that would allow edits to be applied without using the “Edit” button. The “Edit” button seems to be a hold over from iPhoto, separating the photographer from the photographs with an extra, unnecessary step, the photos are kept safe until you can manage all of the extra clicks needed to get access to perform an edit.
2. No HUD, the HUD was an amazingly useful “feature” in Aperture, allowing me to view photos full screen while applying edits. Photos doesn’t come even close to this feature, which requires that the “EDIT” bar available with pressing of the “Edit” button to stay visible the entire time I’m doing edits against the photographs.
3. Star ratings, a missing feature for anyone who wants to quickly sort down their photographs when only a heart isn’t going to do the job and you don’t have time to find the “tags” menu.
4. Ability to apply tag’s quickly is missing, I guess that Apple thinks my entire life should be organized by date and faces, never mind that I’m a landscape photographer as much as I am anything else.
5. Open in and plugins, I own a copy of HDR Efex and would really love to be able to edit my photographs in this tool but can’t until Apple in their wisdom allows plugins and “Open In” again.
6. Ability to copy and paste edits, as a professional photographer this is key, and a feature that I have become so used to using that it’s not one that I will do without on account that so many tools have them. Sure if you’re a sometimes photographer you can get away with applying edits to photographs one at a time, but with smart phones I don’t know a single person that is a “sometimes” photographer any more. Many people have more photographs on their phones than their grandparents and certainly great-grandparents had in their entire slide collection, the old way of showing and organizing photographs.
to be continued…
Fall Sports 2014
Football season starts tonight, honestly I can’t wait, however I won’t be able to make it out there tonight due to some family events that are happening. I’m setting my schedule for Fall 2014, to be posted here soon.
I’ll be praying for no injures tonight for the CVC Cavalier Football team, see you all next week!!