CVC Cavalier Football vs. Woodlake
Photographs of the CVC Cavalier Football game vs. Woodlake have been posted to the following link. Also congratulations to #3 for winning the awesome photograph of the week, please contact me through my email address and I’ll issue a coupon for a free 8×10 print.
Photos for OS X (I wish you were Aperture 4.x)
10.10.3, oh how I will miss the Aperture application, Photos for OS X at this point isn’t going to be a good replacement for what Aperture used to do for me. Aperture was innovative and first on the scene with photo organization for professional photographers like myself, I’ve owned it and used it religiously since version 1, which each release the solid features were made better and better.
My heart dropped and hoped all at the same time last summer when I saw “Photos for OS X” demonstrated, I had hopes that it would allow me to use some more powerful features that are now available in Aperture and sync with my iPad, I couldn’t wait for that, hoping that it would be possible to edit photos while on the go.
Having only worked with “Photos for OS X” a short time, like the rest of the world really, some of the short comings are almost immediately obvious.
1. It’s hard to browse the photos and edit them at the same time. Aperture had a HUD that would allow edits to be applied without using the “Edit” button. The “Edit” button seems to be a hold over from iPhoto, separating the photographer from the photographs with an extra, unnecessary step, the photos are kept safe until you can manage all of the extra clicks needed to get access to perform an edit.
2. No HUD, the HUD was an amazingly useful “feature” in Aperture, allowing me to view photos full screen while applying edits. Photos doesn’t come even close to this feature, which requires that the “EDIT” bar available with pressing of the “Edit” button to stay visible the entire time I’m doing edits against the photographs.
3. Star ratings, a missing feature for anyone who wants to quickly sort down their photographs when only a heart isn’t going to do the job and you don’t have time to find the “tags” menu.
4. Ability to apply tag’s quickly is missing, I guess that Apple thinks my entire life should be organized by date and faces, never mind that I’m a landscape photographer as much as I am anything else.
5. Open in and plugins, I own a copy of HDR Efex and would really love to be able to edit my photographs in this tool but can’t until Apple in their wisdom allows plugins and “Open In” again.
6. Ability to copy and paste edits, as a professional photographer this is key, and a feature that I have become so used to using that it’s not one that I will do without on account that so many tools have them. Sure if you’re a sometimes photographer you can get away with applying edits to photographs one at a time, but with smart phones I don’t know a single person that is a “sometimes” photographer any more. Many people have more photographs on their phones than their grandparents and certainly great-grandparents had in their entire slide collection, the old way of showing and organizing photographs.
to be continued…
CVC Spring Play
Photographs taken at the dress rehearsal for the Central Valley Christian spring play have been posted for viewing/download and purchase at HERE.
To the cast; Great job!
CVC Cavalier Men’s Basketball vs. Dinuba
Photographs of the CVC Men’s basketball team in their game against Dinuba, Ca have been posted to the following link for viewing and purchase.
CVC Fall Play (Ann Frank)
Photographs of the CVC Fall Play Ann Frank are now posted and available for viewing and Purchase. I want to congratulate the cast and crew for a great play that really tells a story, one that I fear may be forgotten if it doesn’t continue to be told.
Cavalier Volleyball vs. Redwood Rangers
Congratulations to CVC on their win against Redwood Rangers, capturing the Division III Central Section title.
Central Valley Christian Homecoming Halftime
Photographs of the CVC homecoming halftime event are now available for viewing/download and purchase.
Cavalier Football beats Bakersfield Christian Eagles
Congratulations to the CVC Cavaliers on their win over the Bakersfield Christian Eagles. The game was amazing to watch and the effort was monumental. I look forward to many more games and wins over the 2013 football season.
Photographs taken at the game can be view and purchased from the following link.
CVC Volleyball vs. Bakersfield Christian
Congratulations to the CVC Lady Cavalier Varsity and JV Volleyball teams in their win against Bakersfield Christian last night. Photographs of last nights CVC Volleyball game vs. Bakersfield Christian have been posted to my prints for sale site, which can be accessed by clicking here or clicking on either one of the included photographs. Also wanted to mention the great addition from Deene Souza Photography of the new girls volleyball poster, which is shown below, GREAT JOB.
Central Valley Christian Photos Moved
Just wanted to make a post so that everyone could know at the same time. Central Valley Christian’s Photographs have been moved to their own folder on my website. Please visit http://gallery.kjfphoto.com/CVC from here forward to view sports photographs and other images for Central Valley Christian School.
This year I will also be getting back to making individual posts per event as images are posted.